About these ads

art design & oddities

Metal Sculptures by Peter McFarlane

Sculptures-Peter McFarlane7

Canadian contemporary artist Peter McFarlane is a conceptually based sculptor, mixed media and installation artist, known for his sculptures of trash and recycled items. Of his work McFarlane says:

To me, waste is just lack of imagination. This belief carries beyond the boundaries of my art production and permeates most aspects of my life. Most of my home and studio, and much of everything in them, is recycled. I’ve always had an epic imagination along with a driving desire to make things. Thus, used objects have pared my options down to a workable, manageable level. No object is beyond artistic merit, meaning and metaphor.

Sculptures-Peter McFarlane8

Sculptures-Peter McFarlane2

Sculptures-Peter McFarlane9

Sculptures-Peter McFarlane3

Sculptures-Peter McFarlane5

Sculptures-Peter McFarlane10

Sculptures-Peter McFarlane6

Sculptures-Peter McFarlane11

About these ads

12 responses

1. Pingback: ‘Corpse Bride’ Photoshoot « ⓔMORFES

2. petit4chocolatier

This is so incredibly unique. So much detail!

March 13, 2013 at 12:25

3. Great!

March 9, 2013 at 17:23

4. References to North-West coast art expands the imagery beyond the clever, bringing in notions of time, culture, longevity, comparison, supercedence. Potlach (?spelling) as conspicuous consumption was a cultural unifier ( and/or power play). Our conspicuous consumption, a wasting disease only. Spirits of dead objects honoured, revivified. Or maybe that’s just me……?

March 9, 2013 at 11:53

5. Reblogged this on everything is energy.

March 9, 2013 at 11:09

6. I’m impressed, absolutely…

March 9, 2013 at 10:20

7. I so agree that he’s fantastic, and have posted on him before at my Canadian Art Junkie http://canadianartjunkie.com/2012/10/04/15169/ He’s an especially cool guy.

March 9, 2013 at 00:47

8. Reblogged this on Espacio de chumy and commented:
    ,!!SORPRENDENTE!!!!

March 8, 2013 at 23:09

9. Reblogged this on carmillaweirdlove.

March 8, 2013 at 22:51

10. Wonderful creativity. Your shoe stole my heart, and then I became fascinated with your circuit boards. I’m neither artist not tekkie, but I admit wasting an inordinate amount of time in electronic shops. My husband is an engineer and introduced me to that world. Now that I see your art….it’s yet another dimension! Yay!

March 8, 2013 at 22:30

11. Love the animal faces. Especially the bird with the fish hanging out of its mouth! Or is it a dragon with big canines?

March 8, 2013 at 22:29

12. the tiny, heroic guy, pushing over the row of circular blade saw pieces, is great. Also especially like the fish, on its nice green circuit board. Strangely apt, somehow. Don’t ask how, just feels right. :)

March 8, 2013 at 22:18