About these ads

art design & oddities

Abandoned – Conceptual Photography by Richard Allenby-Pratt

A series of photographs, created by Richard Allenby-Pratt. The concept is a Dubai left by people, where only the animals are left to roam the deserted streets. The project was included in the 2011 London Association of Photographers Awards.

This project imagines a future without people, where the relics of our unrealized ambitions are populated by some of the species we have, in the present day, come so close to exterminating. I hope to highlight the fragility of our economic systems and the desperate need for us to live in harmony with the other occupants of our world.

About these ads

8 responses

1. sjp

Love the sense of deserted peace captured, and no matter how hard humanity has imposed its creations mother nature still wins out.

September 10, 2012 at 12:59

2. Mikk Murray

I like it! I think it works for me because this vision seems very possible.
    There are so many places already like this that I hear about and read of.
    Reminds me of a Ballard novel!

September 2, 2012 at 10:13

3. Dorothy

very impressive

September 2, 2012 at 05:04

4. Toutes les photos de ce blog sont splendides.
    Elles ouvent l’esprit du photographe qui les regarde.
    On devrait le rendre obligatoire dans les Ă©coles de photo.

September 1, 2012 at 23:10

5. I absolutely love photos of abandoned spaces. Terrifying and fascinating. It’s amazing how fast nature reclaims these man-made creations. We should take heed.

September 1, 2012 at 22:58

6. Barbara Backer-Gray

Until I saw the rhinoceros, I actually thought this was for real. Beautiful!

September 1, 2012 at 22:55

7. I am very much into “postapocalyptic” – if I may say so, if we assume that apocalypse means the end of mankind, simply. Love the photos.

September 1, 2012 at 21:20

8. I think the Kangeroo and the rhinoseros are nice touches. An interesting project. Can we believe any image we see these days. :roll:

September 1, 2012 at 21:15