About these ads

art design & oddities

Abandoned – Conceptual Photography by Richard Allenby-Pratt

A series of photographs, created by Richard Allenby-Pratt. The concept is a Dubai left by people, where only the animals are left to roam the deserted streets. The project was included in the 2011 London Association of Photographers Awards.

This project imagines a future without people, where the relics of our unrealized ambitions are populated by some of the species we have, in the present day, come so close to exterminating. I hope to highlight the fragility of our economic systems and the desperate need for us to live in harmony with the other occupants of our world.

About these ads

8 responses

1. sjp

Love the sense of deserted peace captured, and no matter how hard humanity has imposed its creations mother nature still wins out.

September 10, 2012 at 12:59

2. Mikk Murray

I like it! I think it works for me because this vision seems very possible.
    There are so many places already like this that I hear about and read of.
    Reminds me of a Ballard novel!

September 2, 2012 at 10:13

3. Dorothy

very impressive

September 2, 2012 at 05:04

4. Toutes les photos de ce blog sont splendides.
    Elles ouvent l’esprit du photographe qui les regarde.
    On devrait le rendre obligatoire dans les écoles de photo.

September 1, 2012 at 23:10

5. I absolutely love photos of abandoned spaces. Terrifying and fascinating. It’s amazing how fast nature reclaims these man-made creations. We should take heed.

September 1, 2012 at 22:58

6. Barbara Backer-Gray

Until I saw the rhinoceros, I actually thought this was for real. Beautiful!

September 1, 2012 at 22:55

7. I am very much into “postapocalyptic” – if I may say so, if we assume that apocalypse means the end of mankind, simply. Love the photos.

September 1, 2012 at 21:20

8. I think the Kangeroo and the rhinoseros are nice touches. An interesting project. Can we believe any image we see these days. :roll:

September 1, 2012 at 21:15