Abandoned – Conceptual Photography by Richard Allenby-Pratt

A series of photographs, created by Richard Allenby-Pratt. The concept is a Dubai left by people, where only the animals are left to roam the deserted streets. The project was included in the 2011 London Association of Photographers Awards.

This project imagines a future without people, where the relics of our unrealized ambitions are populated by some of the species we have, in the present day, come so close to exterminating. I hope to highlight the fragility of our economic systems and the desperate need for us to live in harmony with the other occupants of our world.

About eMORFES

A photo blog focused on the unique and bizarre things of the world, exploring a number of different subjects such as art, photography, architecture and travel.
This entry was posted in art, photography and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Abandoned – Conceptual Photography by Richard Allenby-Pratt

1. sjp says:

Love the sense of deserted peace captured, and no matter how hard humanity has imposed its creations mother nature still wins out.

2. Mikk Murray says:

I like it! I think it works for me because this vision seems very possible.
    There are so many places already like this that I hear about and read of.
    Reminds me of a Ballard novel!

3. Dorothy says:

very impressive

4. clodoweg says:

Toutes les photos de ce blog sont splendides.
    Elles ouvent l’esprit du photographe qui les regarde.
    On devrait le rendre obligatoire dans les écoles de photo.

5. tbri001 says:

I absolutely love photos of abandoned spaces. Terrifying and fascinating. It’s amazing how fast nature reclaims these man-made creations. We should take heed.

6. Barbara Backer-Gray says:

Until I saw the rhinoceros, I actually thought this was for real. Beautiful!

7. pauliwj says:

I am very much into “postapocalyptic” – if I may say so, if we assume that apocalypse means the end of mankind, simply. Love the photos.

8. Chillbrook says:

I think the Kangeroo and the rhinoseros are nice touches. An interesting project. Can we believe any image we see these days. :roll: